[scribus] Scribus win Linux Voice's 1st place in profit donation scheme

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Thu May 7 18:04:48 UTC 2015

Hi All

I’d like to announce that Scribus has won 1st place in the software category of Linux Voice magazine’s first profit donation scheme!

http://www.linuxvoice.com/first-profit-donating-scheme-the-winners/ <http://www.linuxvoice.com/first-profit-donating-scheme-the-winners/>

Pasting in my text that I wrote for the magazine …

"I’d like to thank all the readers of Linux Voice magazine, as well as all of the users of Scribus out there.
These kind of funds go well towards allowing the team to meet up and collaborate on features and bug resolution.
The best example is the Libre Graphics Meeting which has just happened in Toronto, which was the 10th anniversary of LGM,
where Scribus has been represented every year and we’ve always had a good meeting there.
By the time this news hits, out first development version of the 1.5.x series will have been released.
We hope the readers enjoy the new development version and all its new features. Thanks again!”

Thanks to Mike and all at Linux Voice magazine. We’ll be putting it to good use with funding meetings etc.

Keep an eye on Linux Voice, they’re in the process of planning a move to Scribus!

So, I also mentioned 1.5.0. Stay tuned!

Craig