[scribus] New Garry Patchett tutorial

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed May 6 08:30:23 UTC 2015

Le 06/05/2015 03:38, Barry McKenna a écrit :
> Thanks for this: It may ease some of the agony ;) when I try (again, again) to understand GIMP!

gimp requires some very unique steps to understand it at first.
It's not worth trying to discover these on oneself.

Studying the beginners firsts steps tutorial videos might help
but in my experience, i had to get real life help
of an allready experienced user so as to grasp the very bases.

So that's my advice :
find an experienced gimp user in your real life neighbourhood
and ask him a 5 minute help.

As far as i remember, the issue is about the nature of selection in gimp
and the very unusual way to use selections.
There might be a couple of other things that might require
some more 5 minutes help, later on.

Once these bases are OK, gimp prooves quite normaly easy
to discover further and use.

JLuc