[scribus] How can I shape a box by its ears?

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Fri Jun 12 22:05:07 UTC 2015

Dear Andrew,

I have been working with Scribus for a few years and never even noticed
about the handles. Now looking, I see your point about size. (I love the
cropping tool in Gimp where you get massive boxes on all sides...)

But in general the handles in Scribus work fine. Not just from the
inside! I just tested for you: I can approach from any direction, even
laterally and still my mouse pointer turns into double-arrows near the
handles.

Maybe your system got a mild local bug. Do you have a chance to try
Scribus on another computer and compare? Could it be your mouse or mouse
settings? On my mouse-settings I have medium pointer speed and I have
ticked an option called "enhance pointer precision". You could look up
what your system got for mouse choices and what they will do for your
grabbing success.

I am now often using a Kensington Slimblade Trackball and that is nice
(avoid the Trackball with a ring, that sucks badly) but even with simple
mice it worked fine.

Sorry, I looked but found no option in setup about changing the size of
the handles (ears).

hope this helps,

Martin

--