[scribus] Scribus book review, first impressions.

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Feb 12 21:47:10 UTC 2015

On 02/12/2015 12:39 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> In my about to be revised ebook I just directed
> people to the site and let them follow the
> directions there. I did in a line what took him
> 7 pages. My take is that if you are not savvy
> enough to download from the site and follow the
> directions you aren't ready for Scribus.

In Ubuntu, or any Debian-based distro:

apt-get install scribus

In Fedora, or any RedHat distro:

yum install scribus

In either case, you need root access.  Or, of course, you can just use
the GUI software management package.  In any case, the appropriate
packages and their dependencies will be downloaded and installed with no
more interaction except to approve the transaction and no rebooting.
Why does Windows make such a big deal out of such a simple thing?