[scribus] Scribus book review, first impressions.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu Feb 12 20:39:01 UTC 2015

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:34:04 -0800
Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> On 02/12/2015 10:28 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> > I have had a chance to browse the content.
> > There is both good and bad. The author goes
> > through the install process for MSWindows in
> > great detail, taking many pages to cover it.
> > Thus far I have not found any real howlers in
> > the remainder. He assumes RGB color model
> > throughout.
>
> Let me guess: he only covers how to install it
> in Windows and doesn't even mention OSX or
> Linux.  Typical.

Good guess. To be fair he probably only has the
one OS to work with. My take is that he only
encountered Scribus to write a book about it.

In my about to be revised ebook I just directed
people to the site and let them follow the
directions there. I did in a line what took him
7 pages. My take is that if you are not savvy
enough to download from the site and follow the
directions you aren't ready for Scribus.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press