[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 83, Issue 3

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon Feb 2 20:53:40 UTC 2015

Le 02/02/2015 19:55, Gimp-Werkstatt a écrit :
> So let's sum up:
>   * There is wiki in English which is outdated

That's unfair :
some pages of the wiki are outdated,
some other pages are brand new,
some are correctly updated.
That's usually the case for any lasting internet site,
particularly for a lasting wiki.

Updating outdated pages is something anybody can do.
Updating outdated pages is every user's responsability.

Beside, some outdated pages are outdated but are still usefull
for example because concepts last and only the user interface has changed.

>   * there is a mailing list, which is in English language, but if you
>     don't know English you have the oppertunity to write German, too.

The mailing list is in any required language, included french or polish.
This has been some times explained.

> When I see that wiki, it puts me off, because there is so much to be done, and it looks like, I would have to tidy it up
> all alone.

Sure, but try making decisions not only on how you'll feel now,
but also on how you might feel in say 2 or 5 years.

> And it is work for a Ione warrior,

How would you qualify the work of creating and maintening a new independant site ?

> elderly people, that use scribus for there hobby, or they want to write a little
> "Vereinszeitung" or "Gemeindebrief". Most of them don't speak any English, but they have the time and interest to learn
> scribus and they know, they can allays ask. But they would never sign into a mailing list or register to a forum that is
> not written in their native language.

What kind of site do you imagine for them ?
It could be a modell for any language scribus introduction site.

JLuc