[scribus] a warning, serving as a bouncer...

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:30:37 UTC 2015

> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> From: zm at revue-gugu.org
> Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 12:11:34 +0200
> Subject: [scribus] a warning, serving as a bouncer...
>
> Dear list,
>
> I am on holiday! So, as planned, I am learning a little about writing
> Python scripts (yes, and I have a life) not least for adding more
> awesomeness to my Scribus.
>
> On Stackoverflow user "Tommel" had asked this (and never received an
> answer since January):
>
> The warning message is this: "SVG file contains some unsupported
> features". I have seen it many times.
>
> - Does this warning message pop up EVERY time I import and SVG into
> Scribus, or would I need to prepare for the (rare?) case, when I import
> a "perfect" SVG-file (without unsupported features)?
>
> - What is the official way in a script to handle Scribus user-dialog-popups?
>
> - What is the really-works-best-in-real-life way to handle Scribus
> user-dialogue-popups?

The line that would make the message in Scribus 1.5 is commented out.
scribus/plugins/import/svg/svgplugin.cpp: //              ScMessageBox::warning(mw, CommonStrings::trWarning, tr("SVG file contains some unsupported features"));
The line is in Scribus 1.4 not is not commented out.
scribus/plugins/import/svg/svgplugin.cpp:                     QMessageBox::warning(mw, CommonStrings::trWarning, tr("SVG file contains some unsupported features"), 1, 0, 0);
If you are getting the message, the problem is probably something in the SVG.
Only Scribus 1.5 supports the --python-script and --no-gui command line options.

Regards,
William Bader, Director of Research and Development at SCS, http://www.newspapersystems.com