[scribus] a warning, serving as a bouncer...

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Aug 17 13:25:49 UTC 2015

hi martin

> Are you saying, that I need to file a bug-report, to have another patch
> made for the SVG-import warning when running a script? Or do I need to
> somehow "apply" these patches? Where would I find them, please?

this is the ticket i was referring to:

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=12774

it has been applied to 1.5 at the beginning of this year.

i could not check the issue you are referring to, but it might or not
solve your issue.
if it does not, further work must be done to avoid that such a dialog is
shown.

once it's clear if the issue is still there in the current trunk you:
- can fill a ticket and hope that somebody fixes the issue or
- have a look at the patch attached to the ticket and try to solve
yourself the issue

>> all in all, most scripts run in a controlled environment and just>
> ignoring the warnings is not the worst idea.
>
> As the asking user pointed out, he cannot ignore the warning, as Scribus
> is stopping his script until he confirms the pop-up-window by clicking
> the OK button.
>
> So in script-speak, how would you do this "ignoring"?

as far as i can tell, currently the warnings are converted into text
displayed in the terminal, which is practically the same as ignoring them.
this is probably the simplest solution.

> And what about my other question, whether the pop-up-warning is coming
> up with every input? If it came up with every import, then the
> "ignoring" might be more simple, I suppose. But what if - for certain
> SVG-files - there would be no warning... ?
>
> Could you (or other users) share a few more crumbs about your how-to,
> please?

you can have a look at the patch linked above: it can give you an idea,
how this is done :-)

... i cannot dig into that myself right now, sorry...

have a nice afternoon
a.l.e