[scribus] identifying grouped object with the scripter

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Apr 23 12:56:18 UTC 2015

On 04/23/2015 05:26 AM, big.bros at free.fr wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to generate a document from a scribus template and a csv file (by duplicating objects
> and setting values from the csv rows).
> I've looked at the scribus sla format and it seems that i could realize my project by directly
> playing with the xml file but this may lead to some surprises in the future.
> A better way would probably be to do it with the scripter.
> A first approach shows that it may not be too difficult that way.
> Except for two problems :
> - I can't find a way in the api to get grouped objects (getting the name of
> the group in which is a named object or the name of all objects from a named group)
> - when you duplicate an object, is there a way to put it on another page

I'm a little uncertain how you're trying to do this. Are you using a script?

In the upcoming release of 1.5.0, there are commands to separately copy
and paste objects, which means you can copy, go to another page, then
paste a copy.

I agree that trying to do complex things by editing the XML is not the
way to go.

Greg