[scribus] identifying grouped object with the scripter

big.bros at free.fr big.bros at free.fr
Thu Apr 23 09:26:09 UTC 2015

Hello

I'm trying to generate a document from a scribus template and a csv file (by duplicating objects
and setting values from the csv rows).
I've looked at the scribus sla format and it seems that i could realize my project by directly
playing with the xml file but this may lead to some surprises in the future.
A better way would probably be to do it with the scripter.
A first approach shows that it may not be too difficult that way.
Except for two problems :
- I can't find a way in the api to get grouped objects (getting the name of
the group in which is a named object or the name of all objects from a named group)
- when you duplicate an object, is there a way to put it on another page

I'm using scribus 1.4.5

Thanks for your help