[scribus] Margins on a text frame over regular text.

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Apr 2 20:29:27 UTC 2015

On 04/02/2015 04:22 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> The book I am setting has text frames over the
> regular text on many pages. Some of them are
> slanted about 1 degree. Scribus has all the tools
> to handle that. But the text in the frame is right
> up next to the border of the frame, as is the
> regular text on the page on the other side of the
> border. This is a bit ugly. Is there a way to set
> up Scribus i.5.0 so that there is a gap of about
> one em on either side of that border? I could
> set an empty graphic frame over the framed text
>   a little bit bigger, but I can't figure out
>   how to handle the text in the frame.
>
> Thoughts?

Want you want set are Text Distances, which is a subtab of the Text tab:
Properties > Text > Columns and Text Distances. Measurements will be in
the units of your document.

Also note if you need space around the frame for Text Flows, you flow
around the contour line, then adjust this under the Shape tab > Edit.

Greg