[scribus] How to set text colour - Scribus 1.4.2 (no, I didn't think I would have to ask this either!)

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Sep 29 16:01:59 UTC 2014

On 09/29/2014 11:45 AM, Tony Hamilton-tony wrote:
> I'm trying to follow the tutorial 'Get Started with Scribus 2006' using
> Scribus 1.4.2 under Linux Mint 17, 32 bit.
>
> I am experiencing a disappointing number of problems getting the results
> described in this old tutorial.
>
> One such problem appears when I am directed to set the colour of Text in
> the MastHead Banner: " Select 'Red' from the drop-down menu next to the
> bucket icon, which stands for 'Fill Color' for our text. "
>
> Yep I can select red OK and elsewhere in the properties dialog I am told
> that the test is now red - but it appears the shade of red you see if
> you look at the colour 'lime' - which co-incidentally is the last colour
> I used in the tutorial (to set the fill colour of a small square frame).
> Furthermore the drop down list of colours shows a nice bold red bullet
> against the 'lime' colour, but none against the red colour. I cannot set
> the text to red.
>
> What is going wrong here?

I'm assuming you understand that the color you should be setting is in
the Text tab of Properties, under the Color & Effects subtab.

The next question is whether your text frame is selected, and in Select
Item mode. If you are in Edit Contents, you must select some text for
any color or other changes to be applied. In Select Item mode, you
changes get applied to the entire frame.

Greg

PS: hang in there, you'll get this.