[scribus] How to set text colour - Scribus 1.4.2 (no, I didn't think I would have to ask this either!)

Tony Hamilton-tony shaky.start at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 29 15:45:59 UTC 2014

I'm trying to follow the tutorial 'Get Started with Scribus 2006' using
Scribus 1.4.2 under Linux Mint 17, 32 bit.

I am experiencing a disappointing number of problems getting the results
described in this old tutorial.

One such problem appears when I am directed to set the colour of Text in
the MastHead Banner: " Select 'Red' from the drop-down menu next to the
bucket icon, which stands for 'Fill Color' for our text. "

Yep I can select red OK and elsewhere in the properties dialog I am told
that the test is now red - but it appears the shade of red you see if
you look at the colour 'lime' - which co-incidentally is the last colour
I used in the tutorial (to set the fill colour of a small square frame).
Furthermore the drop down list of colours shows a nice bold red bullet
against the 'lime' colour, but none against the red colour. I cannot set
the text to red.

What is going wrong here?