[scribus] How to set 'Text Flow Around Frame' option; Scribus 1.4.2

Tony Hamilton-tony shaky.start at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 29 15:34:34 UTC 2014

I'm trying to follow the tutorial 'Get Started with Scribus 2006' using
Scribus 1.4.2 under Linux Mint 17, 32 bit.

I am experiencing a disappointing number of problems getting the results
described in this old tutorial, some of which are claimed to be caused
by incorrect setting of the text flow option in object properties, shape
tab.

The issue is that on my version of Scribus there is no discernible
difference in the appearance of the 5 tabs for the text flow option - it
is impossible to know when a tab has been selected or pressed or what
(aside from the 5th - Use Image Clip Path - which is greyed out in my
version).

Could somebody please explain how the text flow option is set.