[scribus] Importing tables

Jean-Paul Gendner jean-paul.gendner at orange.fr
Thu Sep 25 07:21:50 UTC 2014

Hello,

	Unfortunately, this is the first message I read about this subject.

	In the past, I had to include tables built by Excel and write a
script to import csv files. Csv files are easy to make with most spreadsheet
software.
	You may found the script under "Improved version" with some
explanations here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Create_tables_out_of_csv_data

Here a copy of the explanations:
-    I corrected a bug. When first column width was different from others,
cells where not juxtaposed properly. Error is in the following line, where I
replaced 'cellwidthleft' by 'cellsize' :
  hposition=hposition+cellwidthleft #move the position for the next cell

-    I allow specifying a width for each column (only two in original
version) and a height for each row (only one in original version).

-    The default values for the widths and heights are calculated to get a
table with the size of the selected frame. If different values are entered,
the default values are updated to finally respect the overall size.
However, different values may be entered. Of course, in this case the table
size may be different from the selected frame.

-    Ability to affect directly a style to all cells. Style must exist when
launching the script.

-    Possibility to define a top distance for the texts (distance between
top of textbox and text).

So much more possibilities are covered: defining width of each column and
height of each row knowing the overall size of the planed table or knowing
individual cells values.

	Hope this may help.
	Good luck,
	Jean-Paul