[scribus] Newsletter Header - őű characters?

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Tue Sep 9 17:00:49 UTC 2014

On 09/09/2014 06:41 PM, Csányi Pál wrote:

> Yes, I can open Story Editor.
> However, I can't even there to insert 'ő' and 'ű' characters.
> The style is Main Header in the Story Editor.
> I tried to change style there but that not solves this problem.
>
> These two characters are problematic since I'm using GNU/Linux systems
> ( since about 14 Years ).

Hi Pál,

greeting from a fellow Hungarian Scribus user! Scribus has absolutely no
problem with any Hungarian (or any other European) characters as long as
the font you are using supports them. You need to understand the Story
Editor is not WYSIWYG, it uses a different font from the one you set for
your text. That's why it is called the Display font. Open the Story
Editor, choose Settings, Display Font, and then choose one that supports
all the characters you want to use. That's it.

					Yours: Laszlo