[scribus] Newsletter Header - őű characters?

Csányi Pál csanyipal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 16:41:22 UTC 2014

>> Where can I setup this option so to get the capability to insert into
>> 'Newsletter Header' field 'ő' and 'ű' characters?
>
> I think that it is a bug either in Scribus or Qt.
>
> Sometimes text frames do not accept accented characters, but you can enter
> any character that you want if you open the story editor.
>
> If you are in the Newsletter Header field, can you right-click and open the
> story editor?
>
> On Scribus 1.5, it is right-click -> Contents -> Edit Text...  (or the
> control-t hotkey).
>
> On Scribus 1.4, it is right-click -> Edit Text...

Yes, I can open Story Editor.
However, I can't even there to insert 'ő' and 'ű' characters.
The style is Main Header in the Story Editor.
I tried to change style there but that not solves this problem.

These two characters are problematic since I'm using GNU/Linux systems
( since about 14 Years ).

> If you post again, you should say the version of Scribus and the version of
> your operating system.  I think that the developers are trying to figure out
> which systems have problems with accented characters.

I'm using
Scribus Version 1.4.4
Build ID: C-C-T-F-C1.12.16-64bit
Using Ghostscript version 9.14

on Arch linux operating system.

I'm also using Window Maker as a window manager ( no GNOME, no KDE, no
XFCE, etc. ).

--
Regards from Pal