[scribus] New tutorial on curves tool. - of topic - just I remember

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Nov 17 17:06:38 UTC 2014

On 11/17/2014 11:41 AM, tomas wrote:

> Thank you Jean-François!
> This is what I mean when say, ’the Scribus bezier tool is a night mare’, I’m daily user of illustrator, InDesign, Inkscape, QuarkXpress and Scribus - depend where office I am (I’m work in more then one place), all bezier tool works in same way, just the Scribus ’bezier tool’ have opposite behavior, and never produce cursiv smooth line from point to point, always the result is a little ’S’ like line around the point.

Let's think big.
In a open source world of unlimited human resources, we would say that
what we really want in Scribus is to create a vector object, then have
the ability to use Inkscape to edit the vector by piggybacking and have
Inkscape export to that Scribus object.

I don't know what it would take. Do you need to create some intermediary
space that both Scribus and Inkscape can work in? Maybe an update from
RAM, update from disk function?

This is very much one of the things that should be under discussion at
LGMs. How do we create these seamless interfaces? Not just with Scribus
and Inkscape, but Scribus and Gimp, maybe even Scribus and Blender.
Scribus and FontForge?

Think about what the proprietary folks do. You don't create new
functions in Illustrator without making Photoshop and InDesign aware of
them. In open source, each project works like a cowboy, one might even
say a bunch of Lone Rangers.

These interconnections might also inform each project about new arenas,
new spaces to expand into.

Greg