[scribus] Libre Calendar 2015

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 19:16:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Jehan Pagès <jehan.marmottard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> A part of the sale profit will go to the artists, and we also want to
> donate to a selection of Free Software. Among them, I thought that
> Scribus is a good donation target. But I realized that I can't find
> any donation information on your webpage. Searching the web, I found
> year-old emails saying that an organism able to receive funds was
> going to be created, but I can't find if that actually ever happen.
>
> Can the Scribus project receive any donation in a way or another to
> help with development?
> If not, I'll have to update the website.
>
> In any case, if you like the project, don't hesitate to go and buy a
> calendar. :-)
> Thanks!
>
> Jehan

Hi Jehan,
Thanks for this post and for your work on GIMP and F/OSS in general. It was
exciting to see that your crowdfunded campaign achieved it's monetary goal.

Right now, I don't know of any way Scribus receives donations. I think it
would be beneficial to do so but really, I have no idea what is involved
with that. I most likely am ignorant of what that entails and don't want to
step on any toes in the process. I remember several months ago Alex
Prokoudine from Libre Graphics World posting about this topic. Not much
came of it, AFAICT. Maybe your email will trigger a discussion on this
topic.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
/Kunda