[scribus] Accessing Story Editor in 1.5.0

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Wed Jun 18 10:32:26 UTC 2014

Am 18.06.2014 07:14, schrieb "Christoph Schäfer":

>> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2014 um 05:46 Uhr
>> Von: "Ole Madsen" <philimorept at yahoo.com>
>> Betreff: Re: [scribus] Accessing Story Editor in 1.5.0
>
>>> John has been making this argument for some
>>> time now, but I do not recall ever seeing an
>>> explanation of why we can not have this access
>>> any more.  Is there a good reason?  Could it be
>>> that the GUI design experts got this one wrong?
>>>

> Hi,
>
> The reason for removing this feature was that it caused all sorts of crashes. The SE code is *very* old and needs to be completely rewritten, and we currently don't have the human resources to work on it. If someone with experience in C++ and Qt wants to step in and do the work, it would be much appreciated.
>
> Otherwise, we prefer stability over features on the way to 1.5.0/1.6.0 Alpha 1.
>
> HTH,
>
> Christoph

As far as I understand John, he mentioned two different things: Calling
the Style editor from the Text editor AND calling the Text editor
directly from a text frame's context menu.

The latter should be easy to regain, shouldn't it?

I do not know the newer version and for my own part, I use the text
editor icon rather than the context menu, but I agree the context menu
item should be there just in case... :-)

Rolf