[scribus] Accessing Story Editor in 1.5.0

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jun 18 13:30:44 UTC 2014

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 07:14:43 +0200
"Christoph Schäfer" <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The reason for removing this feature was that
> it caused all sorts of crashes. The SE code is
> *very* old and needs to be completely
> rewritten, and we currently don't have the
> human resources to work on it. If someone with
> experience in C++ and Qt wants to step in and
> do the work, it would be much appreciated.
>
> Otherwise, we prefer stability over features on
> the way to 1.5.0/1.6.0 Alpha 1.
>
> HTH,
>
> Christoph

At last an explanation. I have never had a crash
when going to the Style Editor from the listing
in the Story Editor. But obviously others haven't
been so lucky.

I can't promise to do any good but if you would
list the names of the  C++ and related Qt source
code modules (I download and compile the svn
version of 1.5.0 nightly) I'll take a look at
them. Once upon a time long ago in another
century I was a programmer and manager of
programmers. The likelihood of my doing any good
is minimal but I'll at least look at the code.

The appearance of the Story Editor window in
1.4.4 is quite different than the one in 1.5.0,
so at least some recent changes have been made.

For me and probably others the Story
Editor is a major tool when putting together
either book covers or book interiors.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press