[scribus] Accessing Story Editor in 1.5.0

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Jun 18 05:14:43 UTC 2014

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2014 um 05:46 Uhr
> Von: "Ole Madsen" <philimorept at yahoo.com>
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] Accessing Story Editor in 1.5.0

> >John has been making this argument for some
> >time now, but I do not recall ever seeing an
> >explanation of why we can not have this access
> >any more.  Is there a good reason?  Could it be
> >that the GUI design experts got this one wrong?

Hi,

The reason for removing this feature was that it caused all sorts of crashes. The SE code is *very* old and needs to be completely rewritten, and we currently don't have the human resources to work on it. If someone with experience in C++ and Qt wants to step in and do the work, it would be much appreciated.

Otherwise, we prefer stability over features on the way to 1.5.0/1.6.0 Alpha 1.

HTH,

Christoph