[scribus] Krita Kickstarter

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 13:57:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 5:40 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Hans Schmidt wrote:
>
> > I guess having the money to let somebody work fulltime on Scribus for
> > some time would result in an incredible version improvement. Donors
> > could immediately see the benefit of their donations, Scribus would be
> > perceived as a software with development and it would attract much more
> > money than single, independent donations (the power of peer pressure). I
> > would gladly support Scribus with much money for that.
>
> Scribus team was funded twice by International Organisation of La
> Francophonie, with mixed results: there were some failures and then
> there were some wins. Don't expect money to automatically solve all
> the problems.

"Don't expect money to automatically solve all the problems" is a very good
point, Alex. It may subject a project to more complexities. So that's a
good reminder of the importance to proceed in to this topic with care and
respect.

Truly, there are some inspiring examples so far where a project with
organized structure and a well-planned roadmap have been pretty victorious
with their fundraising efforts. I'm thinking of Synfig specifically. Pitivi
and Mediagoblin (2 crowdfundings already) have had pretty successful runs
but I'm not sure how they've been evolving since.

/Kunda