[scribus] makedraft script

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sun Jul 6 17:05:10 UTC 2014

Le 06/07/2014 14:14, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
>> Is there anywhere a script that creates a layer and brings all images on
>> this layer and makes the layer not visible and not printable ?

> Currently it seems there are insufficient commands to do this. The
> problem is the lack of a moveObject() that does something more than move
> an object to some other location on the same page and same layer.
>
> Although still not part of the source, I have created 2 commands,
> copyObject() and pasteObject(). These should allow one to create a new
> layer if needed, copy an image frame, delete the original, then paste to
> the new layer. There are commands to make a layer invisible and to make
> it nonprintable that one can use after you have transferred all images.

OK thats http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10560

I guess that's for scripter 1 ?

> When I get a chance, I'll see if I can get this to work this way. This
> is tricky scripting, since you are deleting content and have to be
> careful to do things in the right order.

Since the intent is to make images non-visible, it would be ok
if the draft is not faithfool looking.

> If we could get a movetoLayer() command, this would of course be much
> simpler.

Your #10560 patch looks straightforward.

Since it would be more simple to create a movetoLayer() py command,
this would probably be the way to go.

I looked in C++ source and found 'setLayer' method to be the one
to be called on the item...

JLuc