[scribus] makedraft script

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Jul 6 12:14:50 UTC 2014

On 07/06/2014 05:19 AM, JLuc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there anywhere a script that creates a layer and brings all images on
> this layer
> and makes the layer not visible and not printable ?
>
> It would enable to create draft versions, with less Mo, quicker to share,
> easier to print with less ink, and with text easier to proofread.

Currently it seems there are insufficient commands to do this. The
problem is the lack of a moveObject() that does something more than move
an object to some other location on the same page and same layer.

Although still not part of the source, I have created 2 commands,
copyObject() and pasteObject(). These should allow one to create a new
layer if needed, copy an image frame, delete the original, then paste to
the new layer. There are commands to make a layer invisible and to make
it nonprintable that one can use after you have transferred all images.

When I get a chance, I'll see if I can get this to work this way. This
is tricky scripting, since you are deleting content and have to be
careful to do things in the right order.

If we could get a movetoLayer() command, this would of course be much
simpler.

Greg