[scribus] Unable to install Scribus

Nicola Griffin nickigriffin at mac.com
Thu Jan 2 21:42:36 UTC 2014

I'm definitely not a geek but I am a Mac user (10.8.5) and I went through the same thing as you. I was anxious about the Ghostscript thing, can't remember exactly where I downloaded it from, but it was pretty much the first  version I found and I've had no problems at all with it. I'm not in the US, but I remember there being dire warnings. Nothing terrible happened.

Searching for Ghostscript shows this was the site I visited, so it may well be where I downloaded from: http://www.tucows.com/preview/206519 (can't guarantee it was this one though). I downloaded it onto my older MacBook, then it was copied onto my present MacBook along with all my other software. Works fine.

Scribus is very friendly to non-geeks!

Best

Nicki Griffin