[scribus] Has anyone noticed

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Feb 19 22:23:06 UTC 2014

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 21:44:11 +0000
John Beardmore <John at T4sLtd.co.uk> wrote:

> If you can manage to see that, at least in the
> the way he's using Scribus, there may be a real
> problem, that would be a good start.
> Criticising the linguistic style is a great way
> of turning a blind eye to the underlying
> message.
>

> Cheers, J/.

Agree!

It is entirely possible that English is the
OP's  second or maybe third language. Scribus
is after all an international project. How is
your Dutch these days? Mine is nonexistent,
despite having a grandfather named Rowse. I am
grateful that posters from other lands take pity
on monoglots like me and converse in my birth
language.

As for his problem, I don't know the disease but
upgrading to 1.4.3 would be the first therapy I
would apply. If his file is book length I would
break it up into chapter segments as a second
therapy.

If you want lightning speed in processing a long
complex book at one shot then TeX plus a good
text editor comes closer than Scribus. But Scribus
has many other virtues.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press