[scribus] more spell checking

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Feb 12 21:09:32 UTC 2014

On 12.02.2014 21:21, Craig Bradney wrote:
> Hi Martin
>

>> We happen to have built our own dictionary .dic and .aff file for our
>> local African language. Our language is called "Anii" and our language
>> code is "BLO".
>>
>> I found the folder, where Scribus is storing the dictionaries and put
>> copies there.
>>
>> It seems that I still need to tell Scribus about this "new language",
>> there is probably some configuration file somewhere. Please advise.
>
> Your best bet for now is to just copy it to an existing filename.
>
> Scribus has a static list in the source file that tells it about languages and the translations of
> the language names. I've added Anii to that list so 1.4.4 will have that language included. Can you
> please send me your .dic file?
>
> Thanks
> Craig
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Dear Craig,

thank you very much for putting Anii into the list of "available
languages". I did not know there would be a 1.4.4 and that is good news too.

I know about "splicing our stuff" into existing structures. We have to
do the same for our self-written keyboards for Anii. Windows does not
allow new languages, so we do something similar.

Why would you need our .dic file? It is not secret, but is evolving
every week (4000+ entries). Anii is a minority language, spoken by not
more than 50000 people and outside our office there is most likely
nobody who does any publishing in Anii (yet) and we are still trying to
promote the existence of Scribus.

If you just want to have a look, I could send you a sample off list. But
it should not be shipped together with Scribus at this point.

greetings,

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin