[scribus] PPA for Ubuntu Trusty not working?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 04:04:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 20:19:01 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>I installed ppa:scribus/ppa to Trusty 14.04.1 from the command line
>and reloaded the sources list, but there is no change to the packages
>available; that is, the latest is still 1.4.2.
>
>Before I had to reinstall 14.04.1 (a very long and hideous tale) I had
>1.4.3 installed, and according to the Scribus website there is supposed
>to be now 1.4.4.
>
>A long time ago a.l.e. spent an hour with me on IRC trying to compile
>from source and we never got it running. And I don't need bleeding
>edge, so I would much prefer the simplicity of a package.
>
>Have I done something wrong? How can I get a later version?

I guess it really is working, because I just noticed that Synaptic now
lists Scribus-trunk 1.5.0. I installed it and it seems to work OK.
Don't know what happened to 1.4.3 and 1.4.4, but oh well. As long as
1.5.0 doesn't crash a lot I don't mind doing constant saves. And the
automatic backup is set to ten minutes anyway.

Now I have to play with it. :)