[scribus] PPA for Ubuntu Trusty not working?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 03:19:01 UTC 2014

I installed ppa:scribus/ppa to Trusty 14.04.1 from the command line
and reloaded the sources list, but there is no change to the packages
available; that is, the latest is still 1.4.2.

Before I had to reinstall 14.04.1 (a very long and hideous tale) I had
1.4.3 installed, and according to the Scribus website there is supposed
to be now 1.4.4.

A long time ago a.l.e. spent an hour with me on IRC trying to compile
from source and we never got it running. And I don't need bleeding
edge, so I would much prefer the simplicity of a package.

Have I done something wrong? How can I get a later version?