[scribus] PPA for Ubuntu Trusty not working?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Aug 20 00:56:08 UTC 2014

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 21:04:25 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>I guess it really is working, because I just noticed that Synaptic now
>lists Scribus-trunk 1.5.0. I installed it and it seems to work OK.
>Don't know what happened to 1.4.3 and 1.4.4, but oh well. As long as
>1.5.0 doesn't crash a lot I don't mind doing constant saves. And the
>automatic backup is set to ten minutes anyway.
>
>Now I have to play with it. :)

OK, I have spent some time playing with it and there are too many bugs
for it to be usable, at least for manipulating text. I opened an old
finished document and one of the text frames was messed up, so I tried
to fix it. The text frame contained just two words, each on a separate
line and centered, with the text shrunk to 88% in height and expanded
to 107% in width for one word and 117% for the other. As I was trying
to fix it text kept disappearing, the center button didn't work on the
second line, line spacing was erratic - it was hopeless.

I want my 1.4.3 back, or maybe 1.4.4. The Ubuntu 14.04.1 repository
does not list them. Where can I get them?