[scribus] New Scribus Website

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Wed Sep 25 16:44:13 UTC 2013

There's a saying that it takes years of building a good
useful website - and just two weeks for a web-designer to
destroy everything ;-)

Please, whatever is done, take care of not drowning browsers
in third-party queries, cookies, scripts, tons of webfonts
and other means to distract from content.

Most enterprise sysadmins I know already block facebook
servers and have started eliminating google services and flash.

Scribus being graphical software, I think most users
probably won't complain about heavy image-downloads -
preferably on demand.

The actual scribus.net page is well within 0.3Mb total
(without images), which is far less than many of the more
_developed_ ones.

Using http://analyze.websiteoptimization.com:

http://www.scribus.net/ loads in 15.38 seconds (T1 1.44Mbps)
and raw html-page with 'curl' is 0,397 seconds, while
http://www.guardian.co.uk/ = 34.81 / 0,372 seconds
http://www.bigissue.org.za/ = 27.10 / 1,662 seconds
and the 'uberflashy' spanish football site Marca
http://www.marca.com/ = exceeded the 3Mb limit, just the
html-code 'curl's in 4,178s

Just thinking out loud,

Sveinn

Þann fim 19.sep 2013 08:17, skrifaði Craig Bradney: