[scribus] New Scribus Website

Trevor Jenkins bslwannabe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 21:40:26 UTC 2013

Sveinn picks an excellent example with the UK news paper The Guardian. They
are currently including at least 17 trackers/beacons/widgets/analytics and
other dubious junk on their content pages. If you should ever decide to
venture there then make sure you have browser add-ons such as AdBlockPlus
and Ghostery installed and active with the ad/privacy subscriptions and
site lists up to date. You might need GreaseMonkey and similar JavaScript
manipulating add-ons too to prevent you getting added to the worse of
tracking databases out there.

Please if the Scribus web site is redesigned then do not follow The
Guardian's hideous example. Keep all those trackers/beacons and other
nonsense away. Good toolkits, jQuery for example, are useful but the junk
the Guardian tries to put on its pages, no one needs that at all.

>>> www.oscillator.se

--
Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!