[scribus] bleed overlap in pdf

Andreas Hünnebeck acmh at gmx.de
Wed Oct 16 18:53:05 UTC 2013

Am Freitag, 11. Oktober 2013, 19:53:09 schrieb Annie Stopyro:
> How can I prevent my bleed from appearing on the adjacent page when saving a
> pdf? My printer needs bleed and cut marks.

The only way I have found so far is quite time consuming and requires to
export each page into its own pdf file, so make sure your printer accepts your
document as package of single page PDF files:

1. save the print ready SLA file both as even.sla and as odd.sla
2. open even.sla and either move or resize or remove all elements on odd pages
which appear on even pages. Make sure that text in linked frames does not
change its layout!
3. export even.sla with these extra settings:
  In File -> Export -> Save as PDF ... select 'Output one file for each page'
  on 'General Tab' / Export Range:
  – Select Choose Pages, click ..., in tab 'Basic Range Selection' click on
'Even Pages', then on 'Add to range' and 'OK'

4. open odd.sla and either move or resize or remove all elements on even pages
which appear on odd pages. Make sure that text in linked frames does not
change its layout!
5. export odd.sla  with these extra settings:
  In File -> Export -> Save as PDF ... select 'Output one file for each page'
  on 'General Tab' / Export Range:
  – Select Choose Pages, click ..., in tab 'Basic Range Selection' click on
'Odd Pages', then on 'Add to range' and 'OK'

Andreas Hünnebeck | email: acmh at gmx.de
----- privat ---- | www  : http://www.huennebeck-online.de
Fax/Anrufbeantworter: +49 (32 12) 1 26 24 06
PGP-Key: http://www.huennebeck-online.de/public_keys/pgp_andreas.asc
GPG-Key: http://www.huennebeck-online.de/public_keys/andreas.asc