[scribus] Printing from Scribus

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Oct 3 14:17:41 UTC 2013

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:32:22 +0200
"Ian \"Witty\"Whitfield" <editor at federalsaints.net> dijo:

>I'm happy to export to PDF - I do this all the time with the Journal I
>produce every month - and exporting did the trick for me this time
>with the labels. BUT ...

>1. If Scribus is *NOT* to be used for Printing - Why does it have a
>'Print' option??
>
>2. File size - the .sla for each A4 page is 34Kb and the
>resulting .pdf files are just under 320Kb. I don't consider these to
>be "large" files (???)
>
>I just tested with a 33Kb .doc file from LO Writer and it took 10sec
>to start printing on my Laser Printer.

I have found that there are printer drivers and then there are printer
drivers. Some have more/fewer features, and some make the printer run
slowrt/faster. As to the latter the speed also varies with the type of
document; some drivers will print one document faster than other
documents, and another driver will print the other documents faster,
and I've never found out why. I have a number of laser printers and I
have installed at least three drivers for each one. I would recommend
trying different drivers.