[scribus] I'm trying to make a bilingual dictionary - [was: Making a catalog

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sat May 18 08:09:59 UTC 2013

Le 18/05/2013 01:27, John Jason Jordan a écrit :

> As for page numbers, once you know how many pages the first document is
> you can set the second document to start numbering at the next number.
> You don't have to start numbering each document at 1.

Its a property to be set for each document
so you can set it at the last moment, before creating the PDF,
when edit is finished, text and layout is ready, and page number are known
for sure since all previous pages documents wont change their layout.

As for the max page number for a document, it's more between 20 and 50 in my case,
probably because i use linked text frames.
It depends much on whether you use long series of linked text frames,
which might be your case for a dictionnary.
It also somehow depends on whether you use lots of images or not.

Anyway you can split a document in 2 parts at any time,
between 2 not chained series of linked text frames
in case you want your doc to be more fit and slim.

JLuc