[scribus] I'm trying to make a bilingual dictionary - [was: Making a catalog

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri May 17 23:27:11 UTC 2013

On Fri, 17 May 2013 17:04:19 -0500
Dale Erwin <dale at casaerwin.org> dijo:

>Unfortunately, after reading the tutorial mentioned in this post, I
>see that Scribus can't handle documents of more than 100 pages.

Scribus certainly can handle documents greater than 100 pages. It's
just that it becomes slow. The faster your computer the more pages you
can do before it is too slow for your taste, and vice-versa. I would
recommend starting the first document and when it starts getting slow
that's the time to start the second document.

As for page numbers, once you know how many pages the first document is
you can set the second document to start numbering at the next number.
You don't have to start numbering each document at 1.