[scribus] I'm trying to make a bilingual dictionary - [was: Making a catalog

Dale Erwin dale at casaerwin.org
Fri May 17 22:04:19 UTC 2013

I've been following this forum for some time expecting that one I have
finished the text preparation in Apache Open Office Writer, I would be
able to use Scribus for the page layout since I need some things not
available in OO, primarily a header that changes with each page showing
the first entry one left pages and the last entry on right pages.

Unfortunately, after reading the tutorial mentioned in this post, I see
that Scribus can't handle documents of more than 100 pages. Mine is
currently at over 500 and will probably end up somewhere around 550.
The suggested workaround is making many sections of smaller pieces and
then concatenating the PDF files into the complete document.  This makes
me wonder how page numbering would be affected by such a process.

Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU
http://leather.casaerwin.org