[scribus] New Reader Impressions

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Fri May 10 18:05:51 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 05/10/2013 05:06 AM, Sharon Villines wrote:
>>
>> Since there is wonderful open source software readily available for
>> website design, like Wordpress which arrives with good typography and color
>> palettes, why not use it?
>

> So what you're saying is that we can't be any good if our website doesn't
> follow the latest fashions, isn't full of flash animations and is more
> interested in delivering substance than in style?

It only goes to show. Flash animations were latest fashion 10-15 years ago.

Sharon raised a valid concern. Let's not overreact.

AFAIK, new FontForge's website was part volunteer, part paid work.
Perhaps Dave Crossland is willing to invest into Scribus as well?

That's of course, in case Scribus team thinks it's worth talking
about. The last time I tried discussing it, there was zero
understanding.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org