[scribus] New Reader Impressions

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri May 10 13:34:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, 10 May 2013 08:06:12 -0400
Sharon Villines <sharon at sharonvillines.com> dijo:

>I just joined this list in preparation for my version of InDesign to
>become obsolete. I've looked at Scribus and find that it will require
>a period of learning that I'm not yet willing to do. By reading this
>list I thought I might become more attached to the open source effort
>and pick up some and learn a bit here  and there so it won't be so
>hard later.

Welcome to the list! And I hope we can soon welcome you as a Scribus
user as well!

>In visiting the website to join and clicking through to various
>information sites, I am struck by the low level of design quality.

I know nothing of web design, and I don't know who has done the Scribus
website. I suspect it's a patchwork job done piecemeal by various
people. If so, perhaps what is needed is firm control by one individual
with strong web design skills.