[scribus] Adobe ends perpetual licenses

Manuel Schmalstieg webdev at ms-studio.net
Thu May 9 08:51:10 UTC 2013

Here's a topical comment by Charles Ellertson, on a Typophile discussion
thread about InDesign vs TeX :

"Well, like PageMaker and Quark, InDesign will eventually be replaced.
Soon, I hope, and by someone who views typesetting software as a tool, one
to be used by skilled craftsman, not a coffee grinder for text so you can
have kewl graphics. XeTeX looks more & more attractive."

via Frank Adebiaye - <
http://fadebiaye.tumblr.com/post/50000549663/well-like-pagemaker-and-quark-indesign-will