[scribus] Adobe ends perpetual licenses

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Thu May 9 21:43:10 UTC 2013

> Maybe this is a bit off place, but: isn't this the perfect time to release
> a campaing like the one did by OpenShot
Canonical once tried offering a bounty to people to try and make GIMP
better. It didn't work. The point there is that, although very useful,
money doesn't solve everything. In the case of a lot of open source
software what is needed is developers, and disgruntled ex-Adobe users
flocking to Scribus does not necessarily equal more developers.

As Alexandre suggested, Adobe are still making a lot of money and even
stated that a lot of users had already subscribed to the Creative
Cloud prior to it becoming the standard.

Hopefully those who care enough about "owning" software will start to
consider all the alternatives of which Scribus etc is one

Antonio

--
antonio at hellocatfood.com
http://www.hellocatfood.com