[scribus] Footnotes in 1.5.0svn

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Mon Jun 17 05:29:17 UTC 2013

> Gesendet: Sonntag, 16. Juni 2013 um 18:12 Uhr
> Von: "Gregory Pittman" <gpittman at iglou.com>
> Betreff: [scribus] Footnotes in 1.5.0svn
>
> I've just begun a wiki page on Footnotes, since they've gotten to the
> point of being usable. Of course they are only found in 1.5.0 at this
> point, and probably won't be backported to 1.4.x.
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Footnotes
>
> The GUI for footnotes is a bit spread out among several menu items, so I
> wanted to see if I could begin to understand them. I don't maintain that
> everything you see on the page is accurate or even as usage was
> designed, but just based to trying to figure this out on my own.
>
> Eventually something like this should make its way to the online manual
> once features have stabilized and the information is without errors.

To say it is "a bit spread out among several menu items" is a nice way of saying that it currently is more a reflection of the inner workings of Scribus ;) This is one of the issues that need to be sorted out on the way to 1.6.0, i.e., moost of it needs to become part of the Style Editor. Personally, I wouldn't waste too much time on documenting this feature yet. It won't stay that way, if sanity prevails.

Christoph