[scribus] Did the Scribus team post an [LGM] report?

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jun 5 20:26:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 16:34:04 +0200
JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:

> >> i didn't get any answer from the team, concerning the plans for a
> >> release during fall and the other proposals that have been made in
> >> madrid.
> > there was an indirect answer on irc:
> > 15:36 < christoph_s> and btw, the current (but still tentative)
> > plan is to get 1.5.0 out in  September or October and then
> > fine-tune everything for a stable 1.6.0 release in January 2014
> >
> > so, they still seem to be trying to define a plan...
> > but they may be getting there in a foreseeable future...
>
> Well you know how it is ale.
>
> Everybody does what he can so as to get things done,
> but eveybody only has some spare time dedicated to this.
>
> You write "they" but why this distance ?
> Look at your will to create a headless scribus
> that you said should have reached completion one year ago ;
> or more recently your work with epub export :
> it takes time to get things done, more time than one has sometime.
>
> Not having an precise deadline might be the best way not to miss a
> deadline. Important things is to have nice things done in the end,
> the sooner the better, for sure,
> but having them done with quality and no bugs is probably even
> better !
>
> JLuc

Will the 1,5,0 release be made with all the variations for Linux,
Windows and Mac available?

Will we have more months of trying to convince newcomers that this
"unstable" release is really a production release? Heck I am using it
now with no problems. I remember the months (years?) that new users
struggled with problems on 1.3.3.x and found out that no developers were
working on that version any more and almost all users had moved
on also.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press