[scribus] 1.4.2 and Fedora 18

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Feb 22 13:13:25 UTC 2013

On 02/22/2013 07:52 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi christoph,
>> We have discussed this over and over again in the past. The
>> documentation *is* free, but it's not fair game, i.e., you cannot take
>> it and publish a printed copy without permission from the authors.
>> That's basically the only restriction.
>
> having discussed this issue in the past does not seem to have solved it.
> it pops up again and again.
>
> and i'm a bit puzzled, that you say that it's a non issue, but one of
> your co-authors, is complaining about the documentation not being
> included in his distribution of choice.

I think there are just some purists with a particular attitude that
doesn't make sense to me. You're allowed to use the manual, make as many
copies as you want, modify it if you like, give it to anyone you like.
Seems pretty free to me. Must be some Richard Stallman disciple in the
background.

We might think about offering our own RPM at scribus.net, complete with
docs, or perhaps offering the docs as a separate package -- nothing gets
compiled anyway, it's just a matter of Scribus finding them.

Greg