[scribus] 1.4.2 and Fedora 18

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Fri Feb 22 08:02:06 UTC 2013

Alessandro!

We have discussed this over and over again in the past. The documentation *is* free, but it's not fair game, i.e., you cannot take it and publish a printed copy without permission from the authors. That's basically the only restriction.

As far as I know, some of your acquaintances prefer to be cadgers, doing exactly what the licence prohibits, i.e., claiming the work of others as their own. I cannot imagine anyone in a GPL-based project agreeing with your (or their) point of view.

I really thought we had put the rejection of scrounging to rest.

Christoph

-------- Original-Nachricht --------