[scribus] points below

Jeffrey Merrow jeffmerrow at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 15 19:32:03 UTC 2013

Still possible.
Make certain that you are only highlighting the text to which the expanded lines should be applied within that paragraph.

Of course, I see only three lines on the text example that you mentioned,
Here is (hopefully) a visual example of my reply:  http://beadcircus.com/Scribus-text-spacing.png

 Yes I do all that, but the trouble is
 it changes the spacing in the whole paragraph. I quite often
 want to make a bigger space between paragraphs than within
 the paragraph. Here's an example:

 Selection of three main dishes in a relaxing atmosphere.
 €17.50 for starter and main course, or drocp in
 for a choice of excellent French wines, cheeseboard or meat
 platter.

 Here I wanted the space between lines one and two to be
 greater than between lines three and four. If I put the
 cursor in line two and change the fixed line spacing, it
 also changes it between lines three and four.

 Does that make sense? If I could do '3 points after' that
 would solve that problem. I do that using a style, but
 that's a nuisance having to set up a style.

 On 15 Dec 2013, at 17:14, Jeffrey Merrow <jeffmerrow at yahoo.com>
 wrote:

 > Highlight the desired text within its frame, and then
 right-click for Properties.
 > Expand the 'Text' section, set to 'Fixed Line Spacing'
 and increase or decrease the spacing to your liking.

 > Hi
 >
 > Something I'm forever wanting to do but can't work out
 how
 > to except as a Style. I'd like to be able to change
 the
 > height between lines of text by putting say 3 points
 below
 > or above. Is this possible without creating a new
 style?

 > Kind regards
 >
 > Nicki Griffin
 > ___