[scribus] collecting for output

Mark Heieis mheieis at alois.ca
Tue Dec 10 20:35:21 UTC 2013

Hi

I just repeated a simple test.

1) set my umask to 0002
2) created a 1 page doc
3) added single, existing jpg image from ~/sub-directory that had 664
4) saved document to home (~) directory.

resultant sla got 664, as expected.

5) collected4 output to home (~) and shared subdirectories, both had 775
plus g+s for shared one. The result in both cases the collected document
had 664 (as expected), the "images" directory created by Scribus had 775
(as expected) but the image file had 600 (not as expected)! At least for
the home dir, all file permissions should be set to according to umask.

*** So something is not respecting the umask conditions. So I don't see
this as a conflict in choosing which file permission settings to use for
security purposes, especially when saving within user home context.

I'm wondering whether it is something that happens (overriding?) or not
happening (being set?) within QFileInfo as I can't see any explicit
setting of the umask/permissions in the src (could have missed it though).

BTW - tested with 1.5.0svn

mrh.