[scribus] collecting for output

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Tue Dec 10 19:37:24 UTC 2013

On 10/12/2013 8:27 pm, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/10/2013 02:18 AM, Craig Bradney wrote:
>> I agree that Scribus should maintain ownership settings on files however the idea that it should
>> change permissions on files based on the parent directory permissions is false. There's no
>> standard saying that a directory's settings must determine the file settings at all, anywhere on
>> any OS .
>
> AIUI, the default perms for a file are those of the directory it's in, or those of the umask of
> whoever creates it, whichever is more restrictive.

That may be the case however if a directory is 755, and files within a 600, then what should Scribus
follow? There would be a reason someone has set them to 600 rather than 755 (whether that be
manually, umask or otherwise), and for Scribus to assume that when it collects for output into a
directory that has 755 set, with a collected file with 600 set, that it should convert that to
755... would be incredibly wrong.

Craig