[scribus] embedding fonts in pdf fails with Windows 8

Andreas Winkler and.win82 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 19:11:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm a new user of Scribus and I'm quite impressed by its capabilities
so far. I plan to move away from Indesign.
I run Scribus 1.4.3 on Windows 8.1 64 bit. It seems not to be possible
to embed certain system fonts into pdf when exporting, regardless
whether 'subset' is checked or not. The affected fonts are those which
appear grouped in the Windows Explorer in C:\Windows\Fonts (for
example Arial or Times New Roman), for all other fonts embedding works
as expected.
I've tried to export the same sla file with Scribus 1.4.3 running on
Windows 7 and there it was possible to embed all fonts as expected. So
I think that this issue is related to Windows 8. I'd be interested in
whether this is a known issue and whether there exists a workaround
(except for changing the OS :-)). Has anybody else experienced this
problem when running Scribus on Windows 8?

Best regards
Andreas